Will your next car be electric?
I'm sure that you have heard about electric vehicles (EVs).
We at Feldmann Nissan see electric vehicles as a great option and have decided
to help people learn more about them.
Nissan LEAF FAQ's:Does the Nissan LEAF use gasoline?
- No, never. LEAF runs off of 100% electric battery power, no gas needed. In fact, it doesn't even have a tailpipe.
Will the price include the battery pack? Or will there be an option to rent/lease the battery pack?
- The total cost of the vehicle includes the battery pack. Both lease and purchase options are available for the vehicle, but no option to rent/lease just the battery pack.
Can I charge if I'm not at home?
Will there be more public charging stations in the future?
- The public charging network is expanding every day, with 15,000 stations expected to be in place by 2014. Nissan is also beginning to roll out DC quick-charging stations. These charge stations will be capable of giving you an 80% charge in just 30 minutes.
Am I required to buy the home charging station when I purchase LEAF?
How long will it take to charge my LEAF at home?
- No. However, the home charging dock is recommended
- With the 240-volt home charging dock, your MY13 LEAF will be fully charged in about 4 hours (SV and SL trims, available S trim) or 7 hours (S trim).
Will charging my LEAF increase my electricity bill?
- The average driver should only see a moderate bump in their monthly electricity bill ? and if you charge during off-peak hours, even less ? though the savings in gas money should more than make up for it.
Can I drive LEAF on the freeway?
- Of course! With instant torque and speeds up to 90 mph, LEAF is freeway-ready. Even better, LEAF qualifies for a single-occupancy HOV sticker in select states, so you can use the carpool lane any time you want.
What happens if I run out of battery?
- LEAF comes with helpful tools that keep you aware of your battery level at all times. However, for added piece of mind, every LEAF comes with three years of complimentary roadside assistance.
Does the battery come with a warranty?
- Yes, LEAF's advanced battery comes with an 8-year/100,000-mile warranty.
Does LEAF have the same safety features as a conventional car?
- Yes. LEAF comes with a comprehensive list of safety equipment, including six standard air bags14 and advanced safety features like Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)16 and Traction Control System (TCS).
80 kW AC synchronous electric motor
24 kWh lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery
Zero Emissions Vehicle (ZEV)
Front and rear disc brakes with regenerative braking system
16" Steel wheels with wheel covers
Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) with
Traction Control System (TCS)
Portable trickle-charge cable
Normal charge port
Charge port light and lock
Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Start
Heated front and rear seats
Heated leather-wrapped steering wheel
Automatic Temperature Control (ATC)
60/40 Split fold-down rear seats with rear seat heater ducts
Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System
AM/FM/CD audio system with four speakers
USB connection port for iPod® and other compatible devices
Six standard air bags
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with Easy-Fill Tire Alert
SV INCLUDES S EQUIPMENT PLUS:
Nissan Navigation System with 7-inch touch-screen monitor
NavTraffic provided by SiriusXM
POIs Powered by GoogleTM and GoogleTM Send to Car
CARWINGS®: allowing for remote connection to vehicle
Pandora® radio capability (iPhone® only)
16" Aluminum-alloy wheels
6.6 kW onboard charger
Hybrid heater system
Steering wheel-mounted cruise control
Auto-dimming rearview mirror
Partially recycled light gray cloth seats
Front passenger seatback map pocket
B-mode regenerative braking system
SL INCLUDES S EQUIPMENT PLUS:
Automatic on/off headlights
17" aluminum-alloy wheels with P215/50R17 all-season tires
HomeLink® Universal Transceiver
Photovoltaic solar-panel rear spoiler
Quick charge port
In-Home Charger Pricing:
Charging unit: $700
Standard installation: $1,118
Total charger + installation: $1,818
Plus permit fees and sales tax
Consumer Charging Dock Tax Credit up to $1,000
- Basic Warranty: 36 months/36,000 miles
- Powertrain Warranty: 60 months/60,000 miles
- Battery Warranty: 8 years/100,000 miles